SUMMARY: IT Support Specialist monitors and maintains the Company's computer systems and networks. Install and configure computer systems, diagnose hardware and software faults and solve technical and application issues, either over the phone or in person. Troubleshoot VOIP phone issues as well.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Installs and configures computer hardware operating systems and applications
- Monitors and maintains computer systems and networks
- Talks staff or clients through a series of actions, either face to face or over the telephone to help set up systems or resolve issues
- Troubleshoots system and network problems
- Diagnoses and solves hardware or software faults
- Replaces parts as required
- Provides support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports
- Follows diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system
- Sets up new users' accounts and profiles and deals with password issues
- Responds within agreed time limits to call-outs
- Works continuously on tasks until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate)
- Prioritizes and manages many open cases at one time
- Rapidly establishes a good working relationship with customers and other professionals, e.g., software developers
- Tests and evaluates new technology
- Conducts electrical safety checks on computer equipment
- Must be able to work with several departments
- Any other tasks and/or directives given by management or management staff
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in computer science or experience working in related field
Excellent computer skills/knowledge required, as well as the ability to solve problems and troubleshoot. Customer service experience also required. Strong communication skills also required, be adaptable, flexible, and open to feedback, team player The position also requires knowledge of basic hardware and software functions and networking. Strong typing/writing skills, as well as organizational skills, are essential.
About TEKsystems:Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options.
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting Windows 8.1 to 10 desktop systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot printers and printing issues, VOIP phones, etc..
- Ability to do basic network/connectivity troubleshooting.
- General familiarity with Windows active directory, DNS, DHCP, and Print Servers.
- Willingness to learn new things
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.