The Dell Global Enterprise Technology Services organization is growing and we are looking for Senior IT Systems Integration Engineers. The Dell Consulting team members are regionally based consultants who primarily perform the consulting, design, integration, and migrations of Enterprise class solutions.
*IT Systems Integration Consultant - Remote opportunity in San Antonio, TX with 20% travel*
The IT Systems Integration Consultant serves as a Compellent Architectural Engineer for an Engineering Cell. Provides design, management, and improvement of the Enterprise architectures. Serves as an Information Technology (IT) Specialist performing work, independently and as a member of a team, in the administration, development, delivery and support of IT systems and services. Duties include, but are not limited to, developing new methods, approaches and procedures in the specialty area(s); providing advice and guidance on a wide range and variety of complex IT issues; interpreting IT policies, standards and guidelines; conducting analysis and recommending resolution of complex issues affecting the specialty area(s); evaluating and recommending adoption of new or enhanced approaches to delivering IT monitoring, reporting, and business intelligence solutions; identifying and defining business or technical requirements applied to the design, development, implementation, management and support of systems and networks; ensuring optimal use of commercially available products; evaluating proposals for the acquisition and maintenance of IT monitoring, reporting, and business intelligence products or services; preparing and presenting reports; developing business intelligence reports for consumption by unit members and leaders; Plans and carries out difficult and complex assignments
- Serve as Global Compellent Architectural Engineer responsible for all aspects of the Compellent architectures in garcon and field deployments.
- Assists in developing the strategy for optimal use of Compellent storage in a global environment evaluates customer requirements and translates requirements into mission support for the unit, with the ultimate goal of providing increased consumption of unit and command level information.
- Perform planning and systems configuration.
- Design, develop, and implement total systems solutions to the enterprise-wide technical requirements of customers.
- Integrate hardware, processes, methodologies, and software within the customer environment.
- Participate with the customer in the strategic design process and translates business needs into technical systems solutions.
- Provide customer support for the command and unit level members on all “as-a-service” offerings for the business intelligence team.
- Receive customer guidance and requirements in order to develop new solutions for the consumption of business intelligence information.
- Consult with other IT Specialists to identify defects in team products and solutions, providing administrative and technical assistance to unit members.
- Consult with customers to refine operational requirements and translate requirements into technical specifications and solutions.
- Analyze, evaluate, document and make professional recommendations on the merits of proposed systems development projects.
- Apply a structured systems analysis approach to the design and development of new or enhanced applications.
- Undergraduate degree and 8 years, or graduate degree and 6 years of relevant experience
- Experience and/or knowledge with Compellent storage systems in complex environments leveraging COTS software, and network technologies
- Incumbent to hold IA Technical level 3 certification under DoD Directive 8570.1 (IA Training and Workforce Management) and related implementing policies. The Personnel Security Standard of this position is IT Level 1 under AR 25-2 Information Assurance.
- Incumbent must satisfactorily complete the appropriate training and obtain the required certification/re-certification for this position as outlined in DoD Publication 8570.01-M Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program, dated 19 December 2005 (incorporating Change 1, 15 May 2008)
- Incumbent must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) with Secret/Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmentalized Information (TS/SCI) clearance eligibility.
- Must possess and maintain a valid state driver's license.
- Must successfully complete locally identified recurring Information Assurance and annual training.
- Experience or knowledge with other advanced storage solutions
*Company Description *
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?*
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
*Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind:* Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
**Job:** **IT Sys Integration-IT*
**Organization:** **Global Services*
**Title:** *IT Systems Integration Consultant - Remote opportunity in San Antonio, TX with 20% travel*
**Location:** *TX-San Antonio*
**Requisition ID:** *16001274*