IT Systems Integration Senior Advisor - Remote opportunity in the U.S. Northeastern region (Boston, MA preferred) with 75% travel
Company: EMC is now part of Dell Technologies
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posted: December 17, 2016
Reference ID: 160010ET
*Senior IT Systems Integration Delivery Engineer - Remote opportunity in the U.S. Northeastern region (Boston, MA preferred) with 75% travel*
The Dell Technologies Global Enterprise Technology Services (GETS) Team Delivery Engineer is a regionally based field engineer who supports Dell's Enterprise customers. This role is responsible for on-site installation, implementation, maintenance and repair of Compellent and Equallogics Storage Area Networks, Dell PowerVault Storage, Dell PowerEdge solutions and top of the rack switch networks.
This position will be remote based Northeastern U.S., meaning your home is your home office and you will travel to and work onsite at our customer locales. When not at a customer site, you will work from your home office.
The incumbent should understand and be able to communicate technical and business issues with customers, account teams and other internal partners. The candidate must operate comfortably in a remote, self-directed, highly available or mission critical environment. Employees will perform deployment and sustaining activities including DAE or host adds and SAN upgrades. Candidate will also provide Dell's onsite service leadership during difficult customer situations. A strong commitment to delivering engagements while providing a superior customer experience is imperative.
- Perform heterogeneous SAN deployments
- Install and troubleshoot SANs
- Install and troubleshoot advanced software (Virtual SAN, SnapView/MirrorView)
- Perform back-up production readiness (TBU software install/config)
- Perform SAN upgrades (heterogeneous, layered apps)
- Perform DAE/host adds (non-Windows)
- Perform data migration, switch add/zoning
- Handle escalated break/fix troubleshooting
- Perform SAN maintenance
- Support virtualization
- Serve as Deployment Lead and will be responsible for the successful execution of hardware and software deployment projects within the customer environment.
- Supervise partner install technicians at some customer locations to ensure quality, efficiency and compliance with deployment procedures and installation guides. In addition Delivery Engineer will deploy, sustain, and maintain Compellent, Equallogic, PowerVault, and PowerEdge storage and server solutions at customer data centers as necessary.
- Undergraduate degree and 6 years, or Graduate degree and 4 years of relevant experience
- Expertise in SAN, Windows, Linux, VMware, Cisco, Juniper, iSCSI, and Backup Technologies
- Experience with Data Migration methodologies and tools
- Ability to travel to customer locations
- Ability to work in a flexible schedule and react to business needs 24x7
- Physically able to lift and move Enterprise hardware in our customer environments
- Must possess a valid driver's license and passport
- MCP, MCSE, Compellent, EMCPP, RHCE/T, VCP, BCFP, CCNA, and Network certifications
*Company Description *
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?*
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
*Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind:* Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
**Job:** **IT Sys Integration-IT*
**Organization:** **Global Services*
**Title:** *IT Systems Integration Senior Advisor - Remote opportunity in the U.S. Northeastern region (Boston, MA preferred) with 75% travel*
**Requisition ID:** *160010ET*