Alcoa Fastening Systems & Rings (AFSR) is seeking…
Alcoa Fastening Systems & Rings (AFSR) serves the global aerospace, automotive, and commercial transportation markets with the most specialized engineering, highest quality, and the greatest breadth and depth of fastening system solutions and seamless rolled rings in our industry. Headquartered in Torrance, CA; AFSR employs 8,000 people in 13 countries at 38 locations. AFSR is a business unit of Alcoa, Inc. (NYSE:AA)
· Observes functioning of installed equipment to detect hazards, problems, and the need for service, repair and/or replacement of electrical, electronic and mechanical components.
· Discusses performance issues and improvement ideas with pertinent technical staff.
· Reads and understands electronic and electrical schematics.
· Install computers and software as need in a manufacturing environment. Maintain all manufacturing systems and software in use at the facility.
· Recommends changes in circuitry of installation specifications to simplify assembly and maintenance. Coordinate IS/IT projects related to the technology in use at facility.
· Support the LAN and related hardware as needed by Corporate.
· Required to maintain backups of programs from all electrical devices.
· Understands and is able to trouble-shoot and repair computer-based controllers.
· Can maintain and operate software systems related to plant security, access control, and video systems.
· Has working knowledge of enterprise systems and can perform troubleshooting for user-related connection and access issues.
· Sets up standard test apparatus or contrives test equipment and circuitry; conducts functional and operational tests to evaluate performance and reliability of prototype or production models.
· Must be able to check newly installed equipment to evaluate system performance under actual operating conditions.
· Troubleshoot hardware, software and network operating systems
· Be familiar with all hardware and software in use at the plant and be able to troubleshoot situations as needed.
· Provide orientation to new users of existing technology
· Train staff about potential uses of existing technology
· Provide recommendations about accessing information and support
· Maintain current and accurate inventory of technology hardware, software and resources
· Provide accounts and passwords as required for legacy systems and networks.
· Identify and prepare hardware for disposal when appropriate.
· Other duties as assigned
· Knowledge of PCs, LAN and computer technology