Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for an IT-Business Solutions Architect within its Global Technology Services organization. This position will be based out of Raritan, NJ and will require up to 25% travel.
Johnson & Johnson, through its operating companies, is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. We strive to provide scientifically sound, high quality products and services to help heal, cure disease and improve the quality of life.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Business Solutions Architect will champion the adoption and implementation of a whole product conceptual model and operational readiness to enable the success of the J&J Enterprise Agile Data Service (EADS) enterprise capability. He/she will be responsible for defining, promoting, and implementing agreed upon deliverables in support of a service model using advanced data & analytics to drive strategic decisions and to transform to a more agile organization. This individual will have an architecture level understanding of the technologies such as cloud based services offering including but not limited to Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure.
• Promote the adoption and the implementation of the EADS, partner with business IT stakeholders, in the areas of business case value identification and development; align technology to build capabilities for value realization and provide ongoing oversight coordination.
• Develop compelling value propositions of leveraging EADS that will enable J & J leaders to make strategic decisions and to operate as an information driven business based on collaboration with cross functional teams of business and IT, industry, solution and consulting experts.
• Provide leadership and guidance to the architecture team in the areas of technology 'white space' and opportunities to enable the enterprise to realize business value.
• Analyze business trends, information needs and technical requirements to develop blueprints, frameworks that outline solutions focusing on data management and analytics to achieve business objectives.
• Recommend improvements and changes to solutions and architectures; develop plans and roadmaps to help manage transition business solutions.
• Liaise with the business users through quick visualization, dashboards, business metrics, KPIs, reports, pre-built and ad-hoc queries, search, predictive analytics, etc. the core capabilities of the Data and Analytics solution stack.
• Maintain technical proficiency with Data and Analytics capabilities that include: in-memory computing, data analytics, visualization, dashboards, business metrics, KPIs, reports, query building, search, predictive analytics, and master data management
• Bachelor’s Degree is required. Master’s Degree is preferred.
• Minimum of 10 years of broad IT experience is required, preferably in a large, global organization.
• Sound understanding of big data solutions, capabilities and components and how technologies complement one other is required.
• Ability to prepare/provide value driven impact of solutions/technologies to influence the business and the financial proof of value of any solution/technology required.
• Understanding of advanced business analytics technologies and methods is required.
• Experience with cloud based services offering including but not limited to Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure is highly preferred.
• Experience with Big Data technology stacks such as AWS/EMR, Cloudera and Hortonworks is highly preferred.
• Experience with visualization tools such as Cognos, Microstrategy, Tableau, and Spotfire highly preferred.
• Global experience with good understanding of regional differences across ASPAC, EMEA, and North/South America in implementing IT solutions is highly preferred.