GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging.Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
ITEP Lead Design Embedded Software Engineer
Applications and Software
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The ITEP Lead Design Embedded Software Engineer will perform and lead embedded software development for the ITEP FADEC engine controls.
The role includes design, verification, testing and qualification of embedded software used for military jet engine controls.
This position requires a self-driven individual ready to tackle the daily challenges associated with a NPI program and deliver to meet customer commitments.
The Lead Software Engineer demonstrates leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for an area or business segment. In this role, you will utilize experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
In addition, you will :
* Develop and maintain software requirements and designs for components, systems, and communication networks
* Design, implement, and test real-time embedded software, ensuring requirements and quality specifications are met
* Participate actively in design and code reviews
* Provide technical leadership to personnel supporting the assigned project and mentoring to less experienced engineers
* Document technical data generated for assigned projects / tasks, consistent with engineering policies and procedures
* Provide timely communication to leadership on significant issues or developments
* Provide input to planning and tracking to support metrics-based continuous improvement
* Interact closely with customers to analyze, clarify, and correct requirements and designs, driving to complete customer satisfaction
* Work closely with other engineering teams, partners, and vendors to ensure inter-operability
* Drive performance and reliability improvements
* Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering from an accredited college or university (OR a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of IT or engineering experience)
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in an engineering position
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT :
* This role requires use of technical data subject to U.S. Government contract restrictions and this posting is only for U.S. Citizens. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
* Ability to obtain a Secret Government Clearance
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Experience developing real time software for embedded systems
* Working knowledge of C, assembly, and Perl languages
* Familiarity using the following tools : DOORs, SCADE, IBM Change / Synergy
* Experience in design, implementation, test and certification of real-time embedded software
* Experience with military software qualification
* Familiarity with DO-178 and commercial software certification standards for embedded software
* Firm understanding of the software development process with focus on CMMI and Model Based Development
* Knowledge of aircraft controls and digital electronic control systems
* Experience with requirements documentation and analysis
* Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and software engineering principles
* Strong oral and written communication skills and organization skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Established project management skills
* Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects
* Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We're passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We're diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
Lynn is the home of the first U.S. jet engine thanks in part to relationships with material science researchers at nearby MIT. This continued relationship allows us to focus on product improvement. GE Aviation still a major employer in Lynn, assembling small commercial, military and marine engines in this Boston suburb. As a result, over 4,200 GE employees now call this historic area "home." Take the MBTA commuter rail into the nearby city of Boston. Several parks including the largest municipal park in New England, as well as the Lynn Beach offer resident relaxation.Learn more about our New England community!
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.