Do you have a passion for learning and applying modern software engineering practices? Are you excited to use these practices to deliver and manage mission critical services at scale? Are you a quick thinker? If so, please read on. This Iteration Manger position is in support of the Worldwide Business Management Systems (BMS). BMS is made up of several highly complex tightly coupled applications used by IBM Global Services (IGS) World Wide, IGS Geographies, IGS Lines Of Business and World Wide Finance to assign and manage Project and Account identification, for management of Contracts, collection of Labor, maintaining employee data, management of IGS resources, Inter Company Agreement (ICA) Processing, costing of System and Services, Ledger processing, Invoicing, reporting of Gross Profit, Revenue and Signings and Backlog, Information Warehousing and Business Data Warehousing.
- Iteration Manager of an end to end DevOps Squad supporting a highly complex Information Warehouse.
- Leading a DevOps Squad made up of Technical Owner, Architect, Developers, DBAs and Testers in Agile practices and principles. Backlog and Funnel Management, Iteration Planning, Sprint Execution/Management, Showcase and Retrospective.
- Focus on continuous improvement, innovation/automation, increased velocity to deliver.
- Technical knowledge with capability of having strategic conversations of the Information Warehouse and the associated supported business processes with Technical Owner, Product Owners and other stakeholders.
- Ability to bridge the desires of the customer and the capabilities of the technology.
- Utilize multiple approaches to facilitate Discovery: Modeling, Lean, Agile Design Thinking, etc.
- Analyze impact of proposed solutions across the business to develop Epic and Story details.
- Focus on the elements required to manage all aspects of business requirements through logical and physical design.
- Negotiate to define approaches and goals.
- Demonstrated organization and communication skills, especially with management and executives.
- Strong work ethic, and strong eagerness to learn.
Must have the ability to work in the US without current/future need for IBM sponsorship
Above all, we are looking for applicants who will thrive in an open and collaborative environment. A day in the life at IBM
- Throughout the day, you will collaborate with your teammates and interact with our product owners - all while being based out of our Raleigh, North Carolina Agile Center.
- Take advantage of our on-site exercise room
- Work in an open environment where creativity is welcome and encouraged
- Staying relevant to emerging trends in areas related to Agile, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.