At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Regulatory Affairs Specialist for the Traffic Safety and Security Division (TSSD) located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of Regulatory Affairs Specialist will be responsible for regulatory affairs and human and machine factors activities in support of the Intelligent Transportation Materials priority growth program.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Identifying and developing global standards & specifications related to Intelligent Transportation Materials and V2x (Vehicle to Vehicle and infrastructure).
- Connecting global standards requirements to 3M ITM strategy and new products.
- Participating in the development and revision of standards through the generation of data and technical input.
- Maintaining awareness of current ITM-related research (vehicle sensors, ITM materials, vehicle communications, etc) to support business and NPI needs.
- Providing leadership for funded external research programs (write proposals, supervise research contracts, etc.).
- Participating in ITM industry dialogue to understand research needs, partnerships, and developments to establish 3M's presence and support NPI efforts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum three (3) years' of experience with materials or electronic commercialization
- Minimum three (3) years' of statistics and data analysis experience
- Master's degree or higher in Materials Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Software Engineering or other relevant Engineering discipline from an accredited university
- Experience in intelligent transportation systems or automated and autonomous vehicles.
- Previous experience with standards-setting process (ASTM, IEEE, or other).
- Graduate research experience in machine, communications, or related subject.
- Familiarity with manufacturing quality tools (Lean Six Sigma)
- Previous experience with academic research programs (graduate school or other)
- PhD (Materials, Electronics, Software, or relevant Engineering discipline)
: Maplewood, MNTravel:
May include up to 20% domestic and internationalRelocation:
Is not authorized
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
A little about us:
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.