Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 237 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
It's all about the code. High quality, efficient, elegant code that fuels the commerce and payments revolution. You create the infrastructure and applications that improve the lives of millions of people every day around the globe. And you take on some of the most complex technical problems to help all of our customers win.
- Work on complex application projects alongside your team and implement proof-of-concept prototypes
- Collaborate with architects, engineers, and Quality Assurance and Operations teams to design and develop strategic and tactical solutions
- Strive to develop solutions that meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance, reliability, realistic implementation schedules, and adherence to development goals and principles
- Design, develop, and test features and functions delivered via applications and services
- Collaborate with peers and seniors both within your team and across the organization
- Work with product managers using agile methodologies to deliver high quality solutions on time
- Work with the operations teams to ensure your applications and services are highly available and reliable
- Identify Performance bottlenecks and use good coding patterns to avoid them
- Mastery of the fundamentals of Java, including JDK8, JUnit, Maven, Jenkins, and Sonar.
- Development experience with high-traffic backend services
- Mastery of open-source Java Frameworks, including Spring MVC.
- Direct experience with concepts such as SOA, REST APIs, message-based communication.
- Experience with Git, Jira, Tomcat, SQL, Couchbase.
- Experience with Agile and Scrum.
- Experience with payment processing, card networks, EMV, ISO 8583 a plus
- Must be able to handle on-call rotations and work in the local office.
- Eager to learn new tools and technologies and bring the same to the team
- Excellent problem solving skills
- A belief in Agile development and comfort with SCRUM process
- Ability to identify Performance bottlenecks and use good coding patterns to avoid them in the first place
- Knowledge of basic cryptography principles desired
- Master's degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years Java development
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.