Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses-and to our own.
Institutional Corporate Technology (ICT)
Institutional Corporate Technology (ICT) is part of Technology. This group is responsible for developing enterprise applications for a diverse set of businesses including Fixed Income, Equities, Commodities, Investment Banking, Research, and Global Capital Markets. In addition, ICT provides technology solutions for client-aligned groups and company-wide divisions, such as Finance and Operations, post-trade functions within the Institutional Securities Group and standardized data and enterprise-wide services to provide leverage to the Firm's businesses.
We are seeking a senior server-side Java developer with track-record of building electronic trading systems to join the Java E-Trading Technology team in NY. This team is responsible for Morgan Stanley's Java E-trading platform, which includes a low latency algo trading framework, analytics tools, backtesting infrastructure, and visualization components.
The candidate will directly face off and partner with the traders, desk heads and app teams. He or she will be responsible for the design, implementation, and delivery of components within the Java e-trading platform. Candidates must have excellent hands-on Java skills and experience writing production code for large scale, mission critical, real-time trading systems. Experience with low latency, low GC, JVM internals, and multithreading techniques a must. Ability to work across multiple stakeholders to solve business problems is essential.
- Exceptional hands-on Java with a strong delivery track-record measured as code sent to production
- E-trading, electronic risk management, or related background
- Experience writing and working with latency critical, large-scale systems
- 5 years of experience, level of hire will be commensurate with experience
- Working knowledge of one or more scripting languages, Python preferred
- Excellent problem solving, interpersonal presentation and analytical skills
- Ability to effectively manage time, priorities, multitask and operate within global team
- Knowledge of markets and market-making algo-trading systems are highly desired
- Working knowledge of exchange and market-data connectivity with ability to implement a native feed/line handler (e.g. FIX, ITCH/OUCH, etc)
- Working knowledge of standard transport and messaging middleware (e.g. REST, JSON, SOAP, Protobuf; Spring; CXF)
- Performance tuning for Linux
- Familiarity with Java 8- Linux
- Matlab, R, Python
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.