Join our Information Technology team where you will work on new technologies and find ways to meet our customers’ needs and make it easy for them to do business with us. You will manage a team to resolve a diverse range of complex problems and regularly lead multiple, technically complex, large-scale projects.
POS (Point of Sale) is a very diverse group catering to the provisioning & maintenance related transactions of a large section of the VZW user base. It spans from our retail stores, to Indirect Verizon authorized sellers, to orders being placed by telesales reps, as well as large B2B Orders. We have evolved over the past few years, and have a fully functional & award winning POS Mobile Application that’s been used extensively by the Retail Reps.
- Works with leads, architects, manager, and business partners to define system requirements and create resolution.
- Analyze existing architectural design and ascertain changes that have to be done without adversely affecting scalability and performance.
- Analyze Design, Develop, Test, Implement and Maintain software for POS Mobile Application.
- Develop exciting new features and enhancements to the applications.
- Responsible for technical evaluation of products and produce efficient and high quality deliverables in a timely manner.
- Be responsible for application configuration, database tuning, and other related activities to ensure systems implementations occurs in accordance with established SDLC and Change Control procedures.
- Proactively communicate status reports and issues to manager.
- Successfully completes all relevant technical and professional training programs in accordance with Performance Agreement goals and objectives.
- Support deployment of the software and provide post launch support.
- Test and debug code; assist with QA when required.
- Keep up to date on emerging technologies relevant to Verizon Wireless’ business.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant experience.
- Experience with Java and J2EE technologies.
- Experience with XML/HTTP and or Restful Web services.
- Experience with JQuery, AJAX, JSON, HTML, Java script, CSS and AngularJS.
- Hands on experience with Struts, Spring and Hibernate.
- Experience working with WebLogic Servers and Oracle DB.
- Experience with JDBC and PL/SQL.
- Experience with all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle, including system analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation.
Ideally, you'll also have:
- Teamwork & collaboration skills to work across organizations and lead cross-functional teams.
- Communication & stakeholder management skills.
- Problem solving skills to develop quick yet sound solutions to resolve complex issues.
- Knowledge of AWS.
- Experience with IOS development Platform & Swift.
- Experience with Microservices, RabbitMQ.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.