Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.*LI-LT1 Team Profile:
Morgan Stanley's Funding & Counterparty Technology is seeking developers for exciting roles in the technology group supporting one of the most fundamental and interesting activities of the firm - namely our firm's financing activities. The successful candidates will be responsible for building the systems allowing us to become even more efficient at the multi-billion dollar financing decisions that underlie our repo, stock loan and prime brokerage businesses. Our group partners closely with the relevant trading desks and the opportunity to make tangible impact to the firm's bottom line through the deployment of new technology is huge.
Development work is done in agile fashion with a typical delivery cycle of between 2 to 6 weeks. Platforms are built using n-tier infrastructure: user interfaces are written in C# .Net, middle tier(s) in Java and back end using Sybase/DB2. This is a very dynamic platform and the team works with tight deadlines, so successful candidates need to be able to adapt to a dynamic working environment. Role Profile:
• You will be an experienced developer with strong Java skills focused on the design and analysis of a future state that seeks to build and support sophisticated and complex user interfaces, data analytics, integrations with other systems/applications, rules and calculation engines, flexible reporting and scenario analytics.
• You will be responsible for projects of business-facing applications development, which builds strategic and tactical software to connect all activities required to fund the Firm - stock loan, secured funding, treasury and cash management. We also provide the risk management for the financing that we deliver to our clients.
• You will be responsible for standard and innovative modifications to enhance and optimize existing applications and modules in accordance with high-level specifications, application support and industry standards.
• You will participate in code review, testing, quality assurance, release, Level 3 support and training of new implementations. Actively manage issues, risks, action items and change control in accordance with documented procedures.
• You should be confident working autonomously as well as part of a wider team. Someone with a strong focus to provide innovative solutions at all levels of needs.Qualifications Required Skills:
Minimum 3 years of commercial java experience. Candidates should be well versed in data structures, caching, design patterns & multi-threaded, high-performance n-tier application design. ANSI SQL knowledge is required. Sybase/DB2 knowledge is highly desirable. Investment banking background is not essential, however, ability to work within tight deadlines and dynamic environment is a pre-requisite. Desired Skills:
- Commercial Java development experience.
- Understanding of data structures, caching, design patterns & multi-threaded, high- performance n-tier application design.
- ANSI SQL knowledge is required.
- Sybase/DB2 knowledge is highly desirable.
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and dynamic environment is a pre-requisite.
- Experience with data analytics is a strong positive, as part of an overall development background.
- Investment banking background is not essential.
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.