The role entails a unique combination of development and interacting in a professional services capacity with customers. Coding will obviously be a significant part of the job but so will design, support, requirements-gathering and other tasks. You will be working on products in the telematics and mobility sectors that talk to technologies in the aforementioned "Internet of Things" space.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Use the latest Java-based technologies to build and enhance the flagship product line
- Support implementation teams on the complete project lifecycle for new implementations
- Potential to participate in conferences and marketing events
- Assist the sales team on Proof of Concept and product demonstrations
This client is a smaller Chicago subsidiary of a massive, wildly-successful technology and engineering firm. They are based in Europe with a history spanning over 120 years! This relationship allows a small team feel while maintaining the support and security of a company with 250,000+ employees and over 50 Billion…with a "B" in revenue! Being a European-based company, they offer top-tier benefits including excellent healthcare through Blue Cross, a generous 401(k) that matches 50 cents on the Dollar up to 9%, tuition reimbursement and even a pension!
To be considered for this role, you must know or have the following experience:
- 5+ years of Java Development in a high-performance environment
- Experience with Spring, REST, SOAP, Web Services and Apache Tomcat
- At least basic exposure to modern front-end tech such as AngularJS, Bootstrap, etc.
- Great presentation and communications skills
- Limited (10% or less) domestic travel may be required.
- RDBMS experience is required. NoSQL experience would be a plus!
- Cloud (AWS, Azure, Google) experience would be a plus!
- Any experience with IoT (Internet of Things) or M2M (Machine to Machine) would be a huge plus.
For immediate consideration, please apply on-line. You should also feel free to reach out directly to Peter Giaimo at 312.616.7974 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Founded in 1948, Robert Half (NYSE: RHI) is the world's first and largest specialized staffing services firm.