Position Summary: The Java Development Lead is a member of the Business Technology's Client Clinical Services department which handles all Formulary and Utilization Management configurations for clients and clinical solutions. You will serve as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) to the team in a Java/J2EE and Oracle environment. We're looking for a great leader who possess deep knowledge of and experience with problem determination and resolution, highly organized, and can challenge themselves and team members to seek and promote leading edge solutions. This opportunity will allow you to lead improvements and re-examine conventional ideas to create new innovative solutions.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
Required Qualifications: 8+ years of IT experience including the following:
- You will work on multiple, complex, and enterprise-wide projects as a team leader with multi-functional and cross organizational partners.
- You will act as the liaison between Formulary and Benefits and other IT teams in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs.
- You will hold a leadership role in development and execution of procedural changes and identify best practices and monitor adherence.
- You will have the opportunity to drive designs of an application solution that successfully fulfills business requirements and provide inputs into current processes and procedures.
- You will advise continuous improvement efforts to ensure quality.
- You will drive the solution for the project, support, for example shared file layout definitions, database designs, or other functional process flows.
- You will lead handoffs from Business Analyst,and participates in handoff between Development, Quality Assurance, User Acceptance.
- Experience with J2EE technologies, including Servlets, JSP, EJB’s
- Experience with Angular 4.0, ANSI SQL, and relational databases and/or Oracle PL/SQL
Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience required, one additional year of experience is required for each year of college not attained in addition to required years of experience. Business Overview:
- 8+ years of Java experience in all phases of the software development life-cycle
- Applied knowledge of core Java technologies, UNIX, Oracle 12, Teradata
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/