Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.Job Description
Vital Signs development team is responsible for designing, developing and implementing monitoring solutions that provide visibility into the health and performance of VIP applications and systems. RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Work on the analysis, architecture, design and coding of complex mission-critical systems.
- Collaborate with other engineers to develop flexible cost effective solutions to tactical and strategic business requirements.
- Formally specify and document detailed design using object oriented design paradigm together with the application of well-understood design patterns.
- Code application and system components covering one or more of the following areas: user interface, business functions, database, security and others.
- Implement automated tests into a test framework that verify the application and system.
- Provide support to the Development, QA and Production Support Teams. 3rd Level Support
- At least 1-4 years of professional experience developing object oriented software.
- It is essential the candidate have an extensive background in developing fault-tolerant back-end applications including multi-processes and multi-threaded architectures.
- Must have a solid background in object oriented analysis (OOA) and object oriented design (OOD) techniques using formal methods.
- Experience in the application of various object oriented design patterns is required. The capability of assessing and rationalizing design trade-offs is essential.
- 1+ years of Java object oriented programming experience is required. The candidate must have expert level Java programming skills. SQL programming experience is preferred.
- 1+ years of experience in developing Linux / Unix-based software including scripting (Java Script, Shell) is required
- 1+ years of experience with industry standard tools and frameworks such as Ant, JUnit, log4j and others is a highly desired.
- Excellent grasp on Core Java /J2EE
- Experience in using various J2EE patterns
- Experience in using Frameworks (Spring, Struts)
- Experience is various application servers (WAS, WL, TC, etc.)
- Experience in SOA (Webservice, MQ based SOA etc. )
- Experience in C++, TCP/IP (i.e. socket based programming) and LDAP is a strong plus.
- Experience with GIT and JIRA are preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills are a pre-requisite.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.