PayPal's Partners and MarketPlaces team is looking for expert Java/REST API engineers to help deliver new, intuitive and innovative payment solutions or products for varying needs of different marketplaces. Role is primarily backend and involves building services and APIs, with minimal front end work.
- Good Java skills with knowledge of JVM fundamentals and Java best practices.
- Good knowledge of RESTful API design, OAuth and SOA.
- Understand the concepts around concurrency and transactions.
- Knowledge of JAX-RS
- Experience with dependency injection frameworks (Spring, CDI, Guice, etc).
- Experience with the Maven build tool and GitHub
- Proven problem-solving and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to operate effectively both independently as well and within a team using Agile methodology.
- SQL and database experience.
- Understanding of Continuous Delivery concepts.
- Experience in mobile development is a plus
- Experience with object-relational mapping technologies (Hibernate, JPA) is a plus.
A little about us:
Help us reinvent money. At PayPal, we're looking for global thinkers who can invent new ways to make money safe and accessible for people everywhere.