Global Technology Services business unit in State Street Bank need an application developer to join an already established application development team to work on new development project as well as integrate existing applications with other State Street systems.
Given the demanding nature of our work we maintain a policy of sustainable pace to ensure our high standards of quality and the longevity of the people in whom we invest.
The Application Developer will play a key role in the development of our new product capabilities as well as continued refinement of our existing applications. This role will be responsible for delivering complex projects in an Agile manner utilizing mixed resource models including off shore near shore and co-located development staff.Specific duties will include:
\tMinimum requirements are:
- \t\tApplication coding in accordance with standards established in financial industry.\t
- \t\tWork with business customers to define initiate and execute on the delivery of our projects\t
- \t\tProvide training guidance and mentorship to all levels and roles with in the IFS development community;\t
- \t\tBe an owner of our development process and foster a culture of continuous improvement\t
- \t\tFoster new relationships and broaden our influence in the larger corporate community.\t
- \t\tThe Application developer role is a hands-on software development position responsible for writing code using Java/J2EE technology stack that interact with proprietary data warehousing technology.
- \t\tBachelor's degree in Computer Science Computer Engineering or a related technical field plus 4 years of experience working with JAVA/J2EE stack demonstrating advancement in a technical software role.
- \t\tDemonstrated mastery of the JAVA/J2EE technology stack including core java packages J2EE libraries and proficiency with common open source frameworks.\t
- \t\tExpert level knowledge of re-usable coding patterns and objected oriented development paradigms.\t
- \t\tExperience successfully delivering complex software applications from inception to release.\t
- \t\tComplete understanding of an iterative project cycle as described in SCRUM or Agile Programming.\t
- \t\tWillingness to engage in and lead various peer based best practices such as paired programming and group code reviews.\t
- \t\tDemonstrated ability in past adoptions of various software engineering practices such as Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration.\t
- \t\tExperience as a UX developer delivering dynamic user interfaces.\t
- \t\tExperience using JUnit and mock objects in a practical environment and demonstrated track record having delivered a complex project utilizing an Agile iterative planning cycle.\t
- \t\tAbility to operate in a self-sufficient manner but also identify the right time to raise queries or concerns.\t
- \t\tHigh proficiency developing web services and delivering extracts to downstream data warehouse.\t
- \t\tCommunication skills demonstrated by the ability to communicate at the right level with all parties involved-developers business project teams and end users - who may be based in different locations and time-zones.\t
- \t\tExperience overseeing offshore development a plus.\t
- \t\tProven Skills in Problem Solving for Complex Application Environments\t
- \t\tStrong Strategic Thinking and Analytical Skills.\t
- \t\tGood Understanding of Deployment Architectures and High Availability Concepts.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.