State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management and investment research and trading. With $27.43 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.35 trillion in assets under management as of December 31, 2013, State Street operates globally in more than 100 geographic markets and employs 29,430 worldwide. For more information, visit State Street's website at www.statestreet.com .
Promoting a culture of excellence
With more than 29,430 employees across 29 countries, at State Street, our people are our greatest asset. We recognize that highly skilled, engaged and productive employees are essential to our success. Our company values reflect our commitment to employee engagement, Global Inclusion and corporate social responsibility - to help you build a fulfilling career. Around the world, we aim to be an employer of choice by offering competitive compensation and benefits, personal and professional development opportunities, and a work environment that promotes a diverse array of people, ideas and skills.
We're a company that insists on, and rewards, performance excellence. We know our success hinges on attracting the best people to join us - people like you.
State Street supports flexible work arrangements where determined feasible, consistent with business and operational needs. Subject to an individualized assessment of these considerations, roles may be identified as potentially suited for a flexible work arrangement. Requests for a flexible work arrangement can be made upon hire. All employees at State Street have the ability to request flexible work arrangements, with the final decision based solely on business discretion and subject to management approval. More information is available here .
We encourage you to explore the possibilities that a career at State Street can offer you.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, military and veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Job Description Basic Purpose & Responsibilities
Serves as senior level developer and/or project technical lead for projects. Analyzes, designs, develops and maintains software applications to support business units. Controls and/or provides solutions to single and/or multiple organizations, with minimal management guidance.
- Provides advanced technical expertise in analyzing, designing, estimating, and developing software applications to project schedule.
- Oversees systems design and implementation of most complex design components.
- Creates technical project plans and deliverables and monitors task deadlines.
- Oversees, maintains and supports existing software applications.
- Provides technical subject matter expertise in reviewing, analyzing, and resolving complex issues.
- Designs and executes end to end system tests of new installations and/or software prior to release to minimize failures and impact to business and end users.
- Responsible for resolution, communication, and escalation of critical technical issues.
- Prepares user and systems documentation as needed.
- Identifies and recommends Industry best practices.
- Serves as a mentor to junior technical staff.
- Acts as a technical lead/mentor for developers in day to day and overall project areas.
- Ability to lead a team of agile developers.
- Worked in a complex deadline driven projects with minimal supervision. Ability to architect/design/develop with minimum requirements by effectively coordinating activities between business analysts, scrum leads, developers and managers.
- Ability to provide agile status notes on day to day project tasks.
Qualifications Technical Skills
- Experienced, highly skilled in the following technologies as an architect/design lead and developer level. Core Java, Tomcat or another J2EE application server, Oracle/Exadata, Clearcase, MQ , Perl, Scripting languages and other open source technologies etc..
- End to end understanding of software architecture, design, development and implementation.
- Experience using Scrum, Agile modelling and adaptive software development is preferred.
- Continuous integration and build process, test automation and deployment experience.
- Experienced, fully competent in own area
- Shares own expertise with others; will co-ordinate activities of others/the team
- Completes own role independently or with minimal supervision/guidance
- Strong written & verbal communication skills. Experience writing, reviewing technology documents including user guides.
- Has developed specialist knowledge/expertise in one or more than one area
- Applies knowledge/skills to a range of standard and moderately complex activities
- Financial services/mutual fund/Securities industry a plus
Job Opening ID
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.