We are looking for highly energetic lead engineer to join our team to help us build a Cloud (SaaS) product that manages software deployments located in our customer's data centers, in Oracle Public Cloud or in other public clouds. You will be designing and implementing the fundamental platform services to drive orchestrated provisioning, life cycle management, and high availability for all the services being offered in this suite of products. The product itself is being built from scratch to run in OPC and leverages some of the industry standard cloud technologies like kafka, zookeeper etc . This is truly an engineering team for innovation and excellence and you will be part of industry transition to Cloud.
You'll need to have a deep understanding and extensive experience developing large scale, complex highly scalable enterprise products along with strong coding, design, architectural and communication skills. You will be working on complex technical and architectural problems around resiliency, high availability and automation that require out-of-the-box thinking to solve. You will have a unique opportunity to work on emerging technologies with teams across the entire stack to provide massive usability benefits to the customer. Responsibilities :
- Assists in the development of short, medium, and long term plans to achieve strategic objectives.
- Work with senior management, engineering ,product managers and other stakeholders to define the overall scope of the product areas, help distill requirements from various internal and external sources to specific features
- Ensure consistency in architecture and functionality in product area by participating in various cross group intitiatives as needed
- Work within the team to help create and improve existing development processes to achieve higher productivity and better quality releases.
Ability to work in a highly agile development model is a big plus.
- 8 years in design and development of large scale enterprise or management software products including experience with high availability, scalability, load balancing and data science/machine learning
- Ability to influence thinking or gain acceptance of others
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- BS or MS degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Deep technical skills that span server side Java, API design, experience with J2EE architecture and RDBMS
Experience in the integration or Cloud management is a big plus
Exhibits traits such as desire and ability to learn new technologies quickly , strive for highest standards .
- Experience with cloud technologies such as hadoop, kafka, zookeeper, etc is a strong plus
- Experience with agile development methodologies a strong plus
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.