JAVA PLATFORM DEVELOPER
This is a unique opportunity to work with emerging technologies and drive a major architectural shift. You are truly in the middle of the software industry's transition into the cloud. Innovation will be the key to success.
We are looking for a high energy Java programmer to help Oracle move to the cloud. The team is building from the ground up a highly scalable multi-tenant cloud based system. Applications supported by the system include: Application Performance Monitoring, Log Analysis, IT Analytics, Security Information & Event Management and many more. The team is using industry standard cloud technology such as Kafka, Zookeeper, and open source Big Data tools as a layer below our own rich orchestration functionality.
You will own the mission critical core components to this system. Your mission will be to build infrastructure for a large scale micro-services architecture. You will be designing and implementing the fundamental platform services to drive orchestrated provisioning, resource allocation, high availability and service security for all the applications being offered in this suite of products. Responsibilities :
- Assists in the development of short, medium, and long term plans to achieve strategic objectives.
- Work with senior management, engineering ,product managers and other stakeholders to define the overall scope of the product areas, help distill requirements from various internal and external sources to specific features
- Ensure consistency in architecture and functionality in product area by participating in various cross group intitiatives as needed
- Work within the team to help create and improve existing development processes to achieve higher productivity and better quality releases.
Ability to work in a highly agile development model is a big plus.
- 8 years in design and development of large scale enterprise or management software products including experience with high availability, scalability, load balancing and data science/machine learning
- Ability to influence thinking or gain acceptance of others
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- BS or MS degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Deep technical skills that span server side Java, API design, experience with J2EE architecture and RDBMS
Experience in the integration or Cloud management is a big plus
Exhibits traits such as desire and ability to learn new technologies quickly , strive for highest standards .
- Experience with cloud technologies such as hadoop, kafka, zookeeper, etc is a strong plus
- Experience with agile development methodologies a strong plus
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.