We are looking for a high energy Java programmer to help Oracle move to the cloud. The team is building from the ground up a highly scalable multi-tenant cloud based system. Applications supported by the system include: Application Performance Monitoring, Log Analysis, IT Analytics, Security Information & Event Management and many more. The team is using industry standard cloud technology such as Kafka, Zookeeper, and open source Big Data tools as a layer below our own rich orchestration functionality.
You will own the mission critical core components to this system. Your mission will be to build infrastructure for a large scale micro-services architecture. You will be designing and implementing the fundamental platform services to drive orchestrated provisioning, resource allocation, high availability and service security for all the applications being offered in this suite of products.
This is a unique opportunity to work with emerging technologies and drive a major architectural shift. You are truly in the middle of the software industry's transition into the cloud. Innovation will be the key to success.
Just some of The WORK you'll do in this role!
• Define the overall architecture, develop designs geared towards massive scalability, performance and reliability and code the core elements of those designs.
• Work closely with leads and managers of various Oracle teams that are building on the platform to gather requirements and develop a road map of platform features.
• Work within the team to help improve existing Agile development processes to achieve higher productivity and better quality releases.
• Refine our cloud delivery model to enhance our delivery pipeline and enable continuous releases with confidence.
• Work with talented engineers to collaboratively solve complex problems.
• 6 years of experience as a Software Engineer building server-side Java based solutions.
• BS or MS in Computer Science or similar degree
• Strong algorithmic and problem-solving skills
Experiences that will help you succeed
• You have built at least one multi-tenant SaaS product
• Experience building distributed systems with cloud technologies
• Have utilized continuous delivery models
• Experience with platform services and resource orchestration
• Familiar with technologies such as Hadoop, Kafka and Zoo Keeper
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.