Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
This position is for technical white box tester where automation and API level testing skills are required. As a MTS QA Engineer, you will collaborate with other QA Engineers, Software Developers and Project Managers to:
• Analyze product requirements, create test plans, and identify deliverables
• Execute testing tasks, isolate problems, report bugs, and regress and close bugs
• Write test status reports and escalate issues as appropriate
• Proactively solve problems and suggest process improvements
• Identify project risks and recommend actions to minimize risk
• Lead projects and provide technical supervision to other QA staff
• Mentor junior engineers to build their skills and contribution levels
• Work with development and test engineers to identify and automate test cases
• Execute automated test scripts and manual testing as needed
• Debug and fix existing failed automated test cases
• Maintain and write new automated test tcripts using Java, Perl, Python, and/or in house tools
• Write data-driven, white box/APIs test automation
• Design and modify test frameworks as required
- Minimum 7 years experience in a fast-paced software industry with an excellent understanding of QA methodology testing complex projects from test planning through production launch
- Minimum 5 years hands-on experience writing test cases using Java, JUnit or other automated test tools
- Experience in a lead role on a project of significant size or complexity
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid working knowledge of Web Applications
- Ability to document and track defects, as well as produce detailed reports using defect tracking tools
- Familiarity with software development lifecycles
- Working knowledge and hands on experience with Java for at least 5 years
- Experience with data-driven, white box test automation, component and system level testing using C++, Java or any other OO language
- Excellent understanding of Object Oriented design and methodologies
- UNIX and SQL experience required
- Must have a BS Degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent
- Have C++/Java programming experience
- Working understanding of database concepts
- Agile experience is desired
- Have been working in both Windows and Unix environments
- Team player, able to dealing with conflict, handling ambiguity, quick learner, and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to mentor and provide technical guidance to other staff
- BSEE, CS or other relevant technical degree required.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Help us reinvent money. At PayPal, we're looking for global thinkers who can invent new ways to make money safe and accessible for people everywhere.