Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
State Street's Middle Office outsourcing business line has been undergoing strong growth as more customers choose to outsource middle office operations. The Extended Enterprise suite of applications helps in the rapid onboarding of such customers and also helps in plugging gaps of the over-all Enterprise platform for middle office customers.
The technology team is seeking as senior engineer to join an already established team to help in the onboarding of clients and integrate with other State Street systems so that the client gets one view of State Street.
The Application developer consultant role is a hands-on software development position, responsible for writing code primarily in JAVA and Oracle, interfacing with business project teams, onboarding teams and end-users in different time zones.
- Bachelors degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Experience working in a payment initiation platform a plus.
- 4 years overall experience using Java/J2EE.
- Demonstrated experience working on Transaction processing, Record keeping and end to end transaction life cycle.
- Strong analytical skills, demonstrated by the ability to receive and analyze requirements and propose a suitable solution that adheres to the team's methodology
- The ability to operate in a self-sufficient manner, but also identify the right time to raise queries or concerns
- High proficiency developing web services and delivering extracts to downstream data warehouse.
- Communication skills, demonstrated by the ability to communicate at the right level with all parties involved-developers, business project teams, and end users-who may be based in different locations and time-zones
- Experience overseeing offshore development a plus.
- Proven Skills in Problem Solving for Complex Application Environments
- Strong Strategic Thinking and Analytical Skills
- Good Understanding of Deployment Architectures and High Availability Concepts
Job Opening ID
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.