Seeking strong Java/J2EE developer to support the Card Portfolio applications. This position will be working as a developer on Card Portfolio initiatives. The role will work closely with the Scrum Master, Product Owner and business partners, BT Teams through all life cycle phases.
* This role will be responsible for analysis of business requirements and subsequent creation of high level technical design documents and technical specifications Card Portfolio applications, in accordance with company architecture standards.
* Understand the project requirements, give input to what can or cannot be accommodated from the project requirements giving suggestions on the best way to achieve the project objectives,
* Write a Detailed Technical Design (DTD) according to High Level Design (HLD) specifications.
* Make code modifications for the assigned projects according to business specifications and application standards
* Provide alternative solutions when requirements cannot be met.
* Perform unit and system testing for all coding changes.
* Support both Integration and UAT testing in the Production Assurance (PA) regions, including researching and fixing defects.
* Adhere to established project timeframes.
* Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
* Bachelor's degree
* 2+ years work experience
* Major in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field
* Effective collaborator and team player
* Effective verbal and written communication skills
* Self-motivated; display high level of initiative
* Ability to multi-task
Since Discover launched in 1986, we've made a business of redefining the credit card industry for the better. We were first to have no annual fee, first to offer cash rewards, first to provide 24/7 customer service, and we rank #1 in customer loyalty. As a Fortune 500 company, we strive to provide our employees with an environment where they can contribute in a way that's different from other large institutions. If you're looking for a place to make a difference and let your voice shine through, we'd love to meet you.
Apply today at discover.com/careers.
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
#LI-VF1 We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
A little about us:
Discover is one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. We’re a direct banking and payment services company built on a legacy of innovation and customer service.