Java Software Developer
• Act in the capacity of an eCommerce application software engineer to actively participate in the definition, design, development, testing, test automation support and implementation of software functionalities.
• Estimate engineering automation effort, plan implementation, and rollout system changes.
• Ensure that technical solutions follow best practices, are reliable and are easy to maintain.
• Create and evolve application automation and documentation as required.
• Work with other cross-functional teams like Product Management, Project Management, Operations teams etc. to develop innovative solutions that meet eCommerce market needs.
• Find and help fix bugs and stability/scalability issues in a very time critical environment.
• Support site rollouts and be available to resolve site issues.
• 3 years of full software development lifecycle experience including the ability to perform independent analysis.
• 2-3 years of Java and Object Oriented Programming expertise, must be familiar with industry best practices.
• SAP hybris technical certifications a plus.
• Experience with the complete software development lifecycle.
• Java architectures and design patterns (EJB, JMS, JSP, and Java Servlets) JDBC, SQL, RDBMSs and Java frameworks (Struts, Spring, and Hibernate).
• Experience using JSTL, JSP Tag libraries, PHP, MySQL, jQuery, AJAX, XHTML, XML, JSON Knowledge of web design and development using application server knowledge (preferably Tomcat).
• Bachelor's degree with minimum 3 years in Computer Science or related field.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills with the attitude of automating the solution.
• Strong time management and organization skills.
• Ability to balance multiple priorities at a given time.
• Excellent verbal and written communications, ability to establish effective working relationships with team members and cross functional teams.
• Self-driven, able to work independently or within a team setting.
• Experience developing large-scale 24/7 eCommerce and/or websites.
• Exposure to the fundamentals of responsive application design.
• Experience with Agile methodology in a UNIX/Linux environment.
• Familiarity with software development best practices include including coding standards, code reviews, test automation, and operations.
• Exposure to working in a retail industry.
• Exposure to continuous integration/delivery/deployment.
• Experience working directly with non-IT business partners.
• Experience working with Source control platforms (Subversion).
• Experience working with Jenkins, JIRA, and Confluence would be good to have.
Airgas is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.