Robert Half is looking for a Sr Software Engineer. If you have solid background in Java Development and looking for a great company email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sr. Software Engineer
Our client is a leading developer and operator of global high frequency electronic financial markets for the world's most sophisticated investment banks and hedge funds. Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, we operate around the world with offices in Tokyo, London, and New York.
Lead by former Wall Street derivatives traders, we are actively recruiting technology professionals to join our leading edge development team to support the expansion of our global trading systems.
As a senior software developer you will be responsible for building and enhancing application deployed worldwide for the electronic trading of interest rate swaps. You will be involved in the entire life cycle of application deployments, from requirements gathering to end-user installation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Participate and drive software development life cycle.
• Review requirements, design, develop, test and prepare for releases.
• Architect complex software engineering solutions with an emphasis on creating highly performant services.
• Apply design patterns and object oriented techniques.
• Lead other team members in design and coding phases. Participate in code review and team design sessions.
• Assist in builds, configuration management, and source control.
• Communicate with other team members as well as upper management effectively and clearly.
• Liaison with QA to ensure quality product is delivered to customers.
• Extensive Knowledge and experience in:
o 5+ years - Java server side application development
o 2+ years - Java multithreaded application development
o FIX – a must
o Service Oriented Architecture
• Desired experience:
o JMS or other messaging technologies
o Unix shell scripting
o Assorted XML technologies (e.g. JAXB, XPath, etc.)
o Nexus repository
o Continuous integration servers (preferably Jenkins)
o Relational Database ( MySQL, Sybase, Oracle)
• Knowledge and some experience working with relational databases necessary
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
• Excellent written, verbal and communication skills
• BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering.
A little about us:
Founded in 1948, Robert Half (NYSE: RHI) is the world's first and largest specialized staffing services firm.