The Java Development team is growing and we're looking for individuals who have a passion for support and want to join a team of individuals that are engaged in supporting the leading edge of Oracle's technology in our CLOUD environment.
In this position you'll be troubleshooting and resolving simple to highly complex technical issues related to Oracle Weblogic Server (WLS) in the Java Development area. This includes J2EE, Java, EJB, JMS, Performance tuning, and Clustering. Another key and growing area of our support includes JDeveloper.
PLEASE NOTE: This position will be based in our Colorado Springs, CO office. The work shift will be from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm Mountain Time, with the possibility of some 10:30am to 7:30pm mountain shifts. The job may require flexibility to work beyond these standard business hours and include weekend and holidays as required. Additionally you may be part of a rotation for an alternating shift.
• 4-7 years of experience in the design, development of J2EE applications.
• Administration and configuration of application servers including Weblogic, JBoss, Websphere, etc
• Hands on experience in J2EE Server Technologies such as Java, JSP, JMS, Servlet, Webservices, XML, Clustering, and EJB
• Experience with persistence layers such as hibernate, Toplink, and IDE's like JDeveloper
• Operating Systems including Windows and Unix
• Knowledge in other areas such as SOA, Identity Management, WebCenter, Data Integration, and Portal while not necessary is a plus
• Ability to understand, document, and troubleshoot customer issues
• Ability to analyze log and trace files and develop action plans to get to the root cause of an issue when incomplete or ambiguous data is available
• Create test cases to replicate customer issues
• Ability to partner with the customer and grasp the urgency and sensitivity of their issue
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to speak confidently, communicate clearly, and keep the customer informed
• Delight the customer by exceeding their expectations and delivering solutions to their issues in a timely manner
As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
As a Sr. Support Engineer, you will be the technical interface to customers, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and Value-Added Resellers (VARs) for resolution of problems related to the installation, recommended maintenance and use of Oracle products. Have an understanding of all Oracle products in their competencies and in-depth knowledge of several products and/or platforms. Also, you should be highly experienced in multiple platforms and be able to complete assigned duties with minimal direction from management. In this position, you will routinely act independently while researching and developing solutions to customer issues.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 4 years experience with Core products or five years experience with Applications products and have a technical degree i.e., BS Computer Science/Management Information Systems/Science/ Engineering/Math/Physics/Chemistry with a 3.0 GPA OR (for Applications) proven professional/ technical experience, i.e., demonstrating an understanding of Applications at a functional and technical level (preferably Oracle)
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.