The team member selected for this position will be a part of the Enterprise Information Technology team (EIT) within Home Lending Serving Applications. In this role, you will play a critical role in leading the development and delivering applications on our Java and/or .NET technologies platforms and ensuring adherence with our Software Development Lifecycle Compliance standards.
You will also be tasked with using advanced knowledge of web technologies, including Java, Java Script, HTML, XML, AJAX, RIA, multimedia applications, database modeling tools and/or database interactions to evaluates system specifications for client area web site requirements and implement the most efficient and cost- effective software/package solution. Additionally, you will research and track new web technologies, develops service applications, and analyzes business requirements as they pertain to web-based systems as well be responsible for system quality assurance and consistency with installation and security policy and standards. The team member might also provide direction and guidance to less experienced staff.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Development and maintenance of software applications which service our business need using Enterprise technologies platforms
- Mentoring and guiding less experience staff members
- Ensure adherence to SDLC standards and policies
- Creation of design documents, work plans, effort sizings, and unit testing plans
- Interaction with production support and governance team for our platform technologies
- Effectively making use of the technology stack established within our Servicing Platforms
- Participation in BCP, Audit, Compliance, SLA/OLA and Capacity Planning activities
- Collaboration and open communication across the Home Lending Servicing Technology team
- Evaluating alternative technologies based on business needs
- Developing multiple “Proof of Technology” initiatives, including hands on development
The candidate selected for this role should demonstrate and/or possess the following competencies:
- Strong hands-on Java and .Net development
- A complete understanding of the entire software development life cycle
- The ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- A passion for software development
- Proven ability to deliver complex business solutions on time and with a very high degree of accuracy
The site availability for this role is at the following Wells Fargo locations in this order: Fort Mill, SC (highly preferred), Jordan Creek @ West Des Moines IA, Chandler AZ and Frederick MD.
- 7+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 7+ years of Java experience
- 5+ years of Spring experience
- 7+ years of MVC (Model-View-Controller) Framework experience
- 5+ years of HTML (HyperText Markup Language) experience
- 5+ years of SQL experience
- 5+ years of relational database experience
- 5 + years of experience with Eclipse IDE
- 4+ years of Web Services experience
- 4+ years of XML (Extensible Markup Language) experience
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of technology testing: system test scripts development and execution
- Knowledge and understanding of technology object oriented: design patterns and their application
- Knowledge and understanding of authentication methods or protocols
- LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol) experience
- Knowledge and understanding of technology testing: performance and load testing
- Knowledge and understanding of Business Continuity Plan (BCP) and disaster recovery procedures/solutions
- Knowledge and understanding of Real Estate Lending applications
Other Desired Qualifications
- 4+ years of demonstrated experience with one or more DAO framework, Spring-JDBC, Hibernate, or iBatis (MyBatis)
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience with JUnit, Inversion of Control, CSS, Java-Script, JSON, YUI and Ajax technologies
- 3+ years .Net/C# web application development utilizing windows services, web and/or WCF services
- Hands on experience with RIA concepts such as WRIA, ExtJS, YUI, GWT and/or DOJO
- Hands on experience with rules engine technologies such as Drools, iLog, Blaze Advisor, and/or Mindbox
- Hands on experience with BPM tools such as TIBCO, Lombardi, JBPM or IBM MQ Workflow
- Experience with Wells Fargo Channel Secure
- Certifications in Java and/or .NET technologies
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
A little about us:
Wells Fargo is committed to hiring and retaining active military personnel and veterans. Our goal is to employ 20,000 veterans by 2020.