Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you'll find yourself in the company of some of the industry's smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
Java Web Developer
As a software developer with Discovers Digital Development team, you will be responsible for developing large scale customer facing web applications (desktop and mobile API). You will design and integrate systems for Discovers award-winning digital presence by using Agile development methodologies to support existing and new product features. Please join this exciting opportunity on the digital security and fraud team.
Why work in Discover's Digital Department? Because we strive to be the leading direct bank and payments partner with a leading digital presence. You will want to work as part of a close knit team in order to deliver results without the constraints of cubicles.
You will be successful in this role if you can:
* Break down complex requirements into workable technical solutions to solve the product owners problems
* Design and develop high quality software for large scale distributed systems
* Collaborate with other developers on code reviews and process enhancements
* Actively contribute to instill best practices to support a strong software architecture
* You will have relevant hands-on experience with web applications using Java
* You will be familiar with Agile software development methodologies
* You will have a strong understanding of relational databases and object oriented principles
* You are ambitious, self-motivated, and willing to grow in a challenging environment
* Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
* Bachelor's Degree
* 2+ years' work experience
* Experience in Web Development
Since Discover launched in 1986, we've made a business of redefining the credit card industry for the better. We were first to have no annual fee, first to offer cash rewards, first to provide 24/7 customer service, and we rank #1 in customer loyalty. As a Fortune 500 company, we strive to provide our employees with an environment where they can contribute in a way that's different from other large institutions. If you're looking for a place to make a difference and let your voice shine through, we'd love to meet you.
Apply today at discover.com/careers.
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
#LI-VF1 We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
A little about us:
Discover is one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. We’re a direct banking and payment services company built on a legacy of innovation and customer service.