JAX Production Assembler 1
Company: General Electric
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posted: December 03, 2017
Reference ID: 3035631
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
• Ability to follow written work instructions, processes and procedures
• Performs visual & basic measurement inspection of parts subsequent to assembly steps
• Ability to obtain all required certifications of department
• Cut, strip, and crimp wire as required
• Operate test equipment as required
• Ability to work with hazardous materials
• Ability to use a wide variety of hand and/or power tools as required
• Ability to do weight measuring as required
• Ability to read and interpret dimensional measurements as required (calipers, and scales)
• Performs functional tests using a variety of equipment to verify accuracy and functionality (i.e. electrical, helium, and leak tests as required)
• Ability to cross-train as required
• Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
• High School diploma or GED
• Actively participate in a teaming environment that uses lean and 5S practices to improve products and processes
• Basic computer skills
• Basic math skills
• Basic ERP skills
• Basic written and verbal communications skills
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints
• Soldering and electronics manufacturing experience
• Assembly experience
• Braze experience
• Dimensional and electrical training
Locations: United States; Florida; Jacksonville
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.