McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. McKesson Medical-Surgical provides medical-surgical supplies and equipment to physicians' offices, home care agencies, long-term care facilities and surgery centers. Our catalog includes more than 150,000 national brand products from bandages to exam tables, plus McKesson's own line of high-quality medical-surgical products. We're proud to be the only national distributor serving the entire continuum of healthcare.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Medical-Surgical you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payors to pharmacies. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
We are seeking an experienced JD Edwards Programmer Analyst in our Farmington, CT location.
Responsible for designing, developing, modifying, and evaluating programs for internal functional areas including finance, human resources, sales, order processing and fulfillment, and marketing. Analyzes existing programs or formulates logic for new systems, devises logic procedures, prepares flowcharting, performs coding, and tests/debugs programs. Develops conversion and system implementation plans. Prepares and obtains approval of system and programming documentation. Recommends changes in development, maintenance, and system standards. Trains users in conversion and implementation of system.
- Develops programming solutions to complex projects/problems. Contribute across the entire development cycle (analysis, design, code, test, initial pilot/production launch, and production support) with the primary focus on analysis, design and coding of the applications. Develops challenging and complex projects/problems applications.
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods/techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results.
- Provide Level 3 production support for the applications and services built in our environment adhering to defined SLAs. Provide off hours support in a weekly rotation with other JD Edwards/AS 400 associates.
- Create prototypes and functional specifications of the projects. Develops test strategy, executes unit and systems test plans, verifying and documenting the results. Analyzes programming issues and determines the most efficient and economical programming solutions. Assists with defining system functionality based on proposed processes and data requirements including data attributes.
6+ years experience in programming on enterprise or department servers or systems
- 6+ years experience JDE World 7.3.
- AS/400 experience on all versions of RPG 3 & 4/ILE (Integrated Language Environment)
- Experience with the Sales Order Processing, Advanced Warehousing, and Financials JDE modules
- Experience working on medium to large projects of varying complexities
- Working knowledge DB2 database design theory and techniques
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Highly motivated, independent self-starter
- Solid business communications skills and the ability to work effectively with users at all levels
- Good organizational skills and the ability to work with a minimum of supervision
Additional Knowledge and
- Knowledge in Varsity, Vertex, ETL Data Mapping, and EDI experience
- Working knowledge of Cold Fusion a plus
- Working knowledge of .NET or JAVA a plus
- Experience with Aldon/CMS
- Demonstrated leadership and team-building abilities
- Creativity, self-confidence, and flexibility
- SQL Server 2005/2008 a plus
- Collaborative, customer-focused and able to create visible value
4-year degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.Agency Statement
No agencies please.