A leading national telecommunications, media and entertainment company, Altice USA delivers residential and business services to more than 4.6 million total customers across 20 states. Our 18,000 employees have an unwavering commitment to customers and to providing quality products and outstanding service.
Our philosophy is built around our commitment to our employees, community and customers. We are committed to providing employees with opportunities for growth and development, as well as an environment where your ideas will help us drive our business and create a more meaningful employee experience.
The Jitney Driver is primarily responsible for the safe and secure transportation of the corporate employees on a daily basis. The Jitney Driver performs document courier services, office administrative functions and assists the employees with transportation related functions as directed. The Jitney Driver operates company vehicle/van to transport Altice employees to/from LIRR train station, Bethpage helicopter pad; and other locations in support of business operations.
Additional responsibilities include: conducts daily vehicle inspection and maintenance and keeps a vehicle log; Refuels vehicle as needed: schedules vehicle for regular preventive maintenance with approved supplier; delivers the correct materials to the designated locations and picks up return material per time constraints; unloads and loads company materials at stores and other locations as needed; maintains established transportation and delivery schedules ; accurately processes all shipment and transportation paperwork; maintain overall situational awareness of pick-up/drop off areas for any potential risks that may affect the passengers (i.e. construction equipment, damaged/slippery walkways, media, crowds, law enforcement activity etc.) and takes appropriate action to mitigate the situation.
• Associates or Bachelor's degree preferred or minimum of 60 College credits required or military experience or accredited technical/trade school certification is strongly preferred but not required depending on relevant work experience
• Minimum three years of related experience required
• Valid New York State driver's license
• Prior law enforcement and/or corporate security preferred
• Executive chauffeur experience preferred
• Executive Protection experience preferred
• Commercial Driver's License (CDL) preferred
• Knowledge of the New York City/Tristate area preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must be willing to work a flexible schedule and weekends
• Highly organized, professional and punctual with the ability to work independently
• Ability to work independently and under pressure while providing a high level of customer service
• Strict confidentiality and situational sensitivity a must
• Proficient technical skills utilizing MS Office Suite, GPS, Google Maps, Waze and other traffic related apps and software
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.
A little about us:
Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States.