Overview: About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
The Special Events Catering Department at James Madison University is now seeking qualified candidates to join our team. Special Events Catering is a dynamic, customer focused department on this vibrant college campus providing all levels of catering for a variety of events. Events include deliveries to various campus departments, social functions on and off campus, VIP events for campus dignitaries and event support for athletic teams and other student groups. Our student workers are important members of our front of house team. Previous catering experience is helpful but not necessary.
- Prepare banquet room for the function
- Display excellent customer service and maintain a well-groomed, neat appearance
- Serve meals and beverage in accordance with catering protocol
- Properly set tables for special functions
- Wipe and polish silverware
- Load and unload event equipment into catering vehicles, following all truck safety procedures in compliance with DOT regulation
- Clean all functions areas upon completion and
- Perform opening and closing side work as needed
- Maintain storage rooms and supplies in an orderly fashion
- Maintain equipment and all other catering supplies
- Perform all job duties in a safe manner and follow all company safety policies and procedures; reporting equipment and maintenance repairs to Managers in a timely manner
- Additional Job Functions:
- Cross-training and work in other dining locations as needed
- Completion of any task requested by a supervisor or member of the Aramark management team.
Qualifications: MUST BE ABLE TO:
- Skillfully use hand tools or machines needed for your work
- Read instructions for items to be made
- Use math to calculate change
- Work with client(s) with tact and diplomacy
- Perform work that is routine and organized
- Present professional appearance
- Pass a criminal background check
- High School diploma/GED
- Lifting twenty (20) pounds unassisted and more with assistance; frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to twenty (20) pounds
- Reaching, handling, fingering, feeling, seeing, standing, walking
- Inside Job (defined as spending approximately 75% or more of the time inside.
- Temperature changes: variations in temperature, which are sufficiently marked and abrupt to cause noticeable bodily reactions.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.