Overview: About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Description: The Special Events Catering Department at James Madison University is now seeking qualified candidates to join our team. Special Event Catering is a dynamic, customer focused department on this vibrant college campus providing all levels of catering for a variety of events. Events include deliveries to various campus departments, social functions on and off campus, VIP events for campus dignitaries and event support for athletic teams and other student groups. Our student workers are important members of our team, executing events in both front and back of house positions. This is an excellent opportunity to learn about the catering side of food service and actively participate in the execution of campus events.
- Be able to work quickly and concisely under pressure
- Provide excellent customer service for all catering functions
- Perform catering wait staff tasks including serving food, monitoring buffets, washing dishes, event setup and clean up.
- Organize and assist in cleaning of refrigerators, freezers, and cooking and serving equipment at the regularly scheduled intervals
- Ensure daily cleaning and sterilization of all dishes, silverware, and cooking utensils
- Attend in-service meetings and trainings as scheduled by the catering director
- Adhere to all safety regulations for sanitation, food handling, and storage
- Preform basic food preparation; may wash, peel, cut, and shred vegetables and fruits to prepare them for use
- Promote good public relations
- Adhere to the uniform policy as set by the catering director
- Other related duties as assigned
Qualifications: MUST BE ABLE TO:
- Skillfully use hand tools or machines needed for your work
- Read instructions for items to be made
- Use math to calculate change
- Work with client(s) with tact and diplomacy
- Perform work that is routine and organized
- Present professional appearance
- Pass a criminal background check
- High School diploma/GED
- Lifting twenty (20) pounds unassisted and more with assistance; frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to twenty (20) pounds
- Reaching, handling, fingering, feeling, seeing, standing, walking
- Inside Job (defined as spending approximately 75% or more of the time inside.
- Temperature changes: variations in temperature, which are sufficiently marked and abrupt to cause noticeable bodily reactions.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.