At Vivint Solar, we're changing the way people generate and consume power. We believe that people should have a choice between using outdated, dirty technologies and using innovative, clean solutions to produce the energy they use to live every day. That's why we're making it easy for millions of people nationwide to choose to go solar. Simply stated, we're doing work that really makes a difference.
To undertake such a huge task, we need motivated people who want to make a difference. Right now, we are seeking a Journeyman Electrical Service Change Electrician that will be a solid contributor within Vivint Solar. As a Journeyman Electrical Service Change Electrician, you will be responsible for scheduling and coordinating electrical upgrade work with customers, utilities, and inspectors. In this role, you will report directly to the Senior Manager within the Field Services group.
The Journeyman Electrician must have an active Journeyman or Master Electrician License within the local state.
- Schedule and coordinate upgrade work with customers, utilities, and inspectors
- Understand and acquire required electrical materials needed for job from warehouse
- Read and interpret utility provided site plans to understand job scope
- Communicate effectively with homeowners, utilities, and AHJ's
- Direct the activities of the Apprentice on site
- Replace electrical service equipment
- Ensure all circuitry has been restored to its proper working order
- Tie in solar PV equipment and perform a basic commissioning
- Keep service van stocked properly with appropriate materials
- Ensure the quality of the service replacement is top notch and fully code compliant
- Experience performing residential service upgrades and repair work
- Understand and have a command of local utility and AHJ requirements surround electrical service change/upgrade work
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Licensed as a Journeyman Electrician (where licensure is required)
- Possess a valid driver's license
- Experience performing residential electrical upgrades
Employees of Vivint Solar must submit to a criminal history check, motor vehicles check, drug screening, and obtain clearance from the state based upon the state requirements.
Vivint Solar, an equal opportunity employer, does not consider any protected traits (e.g. race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, non-job-related disability, age, or any other protected trait) when hiring-under federal, state and local laws.
A little about us:
Vivint Solar (NYSE: VSLR) is a leading provider of distributed solar energy to residential customers in the United States.