At Vivint Solar, we're changing the way people generate and consume power. We believe that people should have a choice between using outdated, dirty technologies and using innovative, clean solutions to produce the energy they use to live every day. That's why we're making it easy for millions of people nationwide to choose to go solar. Simply stated, we're doing work that really makes a difference.
To undertake such a huge task, we need motivated people who want to make a difference. Right now, we are seeking a Journeyman Electrical Service Technician that will be a solid contributor within Vivint Solar. As a Journeyman Electrical Service Technician you will be responsible for servicing solar panel systems.
- Service electrical systems that interconnect our solar array to the grid power of our customer's residential property
- Work with the Operations Manager and home owners to fulfill any necessary system upgrades/repairs to support our solar equipment
- Provide service and customer support during field visits or dispatches
- Manage all on-site installation, repair, maintenance and test tasks
- Diagnose errors or technical problems and determine proper solutions
- Produce timely and detailed service reports
- Document processes
- Operate vehicle in a safely manner and use field automation systems
- Follow all company's filed procedures and protocols
- Cooperate with technical team and share information across the organization
- Comprehend customer requirements and make appropriate recommendations/briefings
- Build positive relationships with customers
- Ability to troubleshoot, test, repair and service technical equipment
- Ability to work flexible shifts and to adapt to changing work schedules
- Familiarity with mobile tools and applications
- Valid and current Journeyman (or Master) Electrician License within the state
- 4+ years of electrical installation and repair experience
- Must possess current driver's license and clean driving record
- Working knowledge of the usage of a volt meter
- Working knowledge and experience replacing residential electrical services and distribution panels
Employees of Vivint Solar must submit to a criminal history check, motor vehicles check, drug screening, and obtain clearance from the state based upon the state requirements.
Vivint Solar is a proud promoter of employment opportunities to our Military and Veterans. We, an equal opportunity employer, do not consider any protected traits (e.g. race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, non-job-related disability, age, or any other protected trait) when hiring-under federal, state and local laws.
A little about us:
Vivint Solar (NYSE: VSLR) is a leading provider of distributed solar energy to residential customers in the United States.