At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Journeyman Maintenance Mechanic for the IMPD Division located in Corona, CA. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of Maintenance Mechanic will be responsible for maintenance and repair of all mechanical systems related to process equipment and site buildings/facilities. This position requires that the candidate be capable safely installing, maintaining, repairing, moving, replacing, welding, modifying, troubleshooting, diagnosing, adjusting and performing preventive maintenance in production, laboratory, and office areas such as: hydraulic/pneumatic systems, fans, pumps, conveyor systems, elevators, and rock crushing equipment. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
This position will require:
- Troubleshoot/repair mechanical equipment and components
- Troubleshoot/repair pneumatic, hydraulic, and pumping equipment
- Perform metal fabrication, welding and basic machining
- Perform pipefitting, millwright, and equipment installation tasks
- Perform preventive maintenance
- Use of various heavy mechanic hand tools necessary to repairs to industrial equipment
- Forklift Operation
- Basic computer skills
- Weekend work
- Working overtime
- Working on holidays as needed
- Short notice shift coverage
- Working 3rd Shift (10:00 PM - 6:00 AM )
- Frequent physical demands including bending, crawling, stooping, standing, lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Possess a High School Diploma/GED or higher
- Minimum three (3) years of heavy mechanical maintenance experience
- Five (5) years of heavy mechanical maintenance experience
- Recent experience working at a mine, quarry, cement plant or similar industry
- Journeyman certification
: Corona, CARelocation:
Is not authorized
Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass 3M employment testing as a part of the selection process.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status.)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.