Journeyman Tool and Die Maker (514196)
No. of Openings: 1
Engagement Type: Contract
Contract to Perm
3rd Shift. Temp to hire. Working under minimal supervision builds, repairs, rebuilds and trouble shoots dies, fixtures, tools and machines from prints or instructions to meet required tolerances and customer expectations.
Working under minimal supervision builds, repairs, rebuilds and trouble shoots dies, fixtures, tools and machines from prints or instructions to meet required tolerances and customer expectations. Recommends improvements in tooling and production processes. When called upon, would assist in training / mentoring apprentices, supplemental / contract labor and peers.
Additionally, employees are expected to abide by all internal control & compliance practices to:
- Safeguard assets from theft and misuse. - Ensure segregation of duties to minimize fraud.
- Comply with business ethics, applicable laws and regulations. - Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information.
- Periodically reconcile physical assets to accounting records.
* Able to troubleshoot and repair production dies, fixtures and tooling as needed to avoid production delays and maintain tooling per the Steelcase Quality System.
* Able to accurately read prints, use shop math and use problem solving skills to bring projects to completion.
* Able to build, service or repair tooling using precision hand tools, lathes, grinders, mills (cnc), saws, drill presses, welders, large over head cranes and fork lifts.
* Must have a high degree of mechanical ability and knowledge and be able to determine whether tooling and specialized equipment can be repaired in production or should be returned to the tool room for major repairs.
* Must be knowledgeable on the proper application and installation of die and press sensors.
* Must have a knowledge of and ability to apply Steelcase Die Standards.
* Must know and follow established safety procedures.
* Some heavy lifting is required.
* Must be able to operate cranes and fork lifts for moving heavy dies and material.
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Must have satisfactorily completed a (4) year apprenticeship approved by the U.S. Department of Labor
When called upon, would assist in training / mentoring apprentices, supplemental / contract labor and peers.
Works throughout the factory environment. There is risk of injury when working on tooling and around presses and other machinery. Required to work in various locations / facilities as requested.
A little about us:
For nearly 70 years, Manpower’s mission is to provide job seekers with meaningful career opportunities.