Jr. Creative Designer
TIGI is seeking a Jr. Creative Designer to join our in-house creative studio located in Lewisville, Texas. The ideal candidate must have the motivation and willingness to be a self-starter, as well as work collaboratively throughout a variety of projects that include both print and web. Successful candidates will thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, deadline-oriented environment. As a Jr. Creative Designer, you will be working on a range of design projects from concept to execution for various stakeholders across the company. This is a great opportunity to redefine the way we visually experience all that is BEAUTY. The Jr. Creative Designer must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, have good attention to detail, an eye for good composition and layout and meet deadlines with little supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create eye-catching designs for our local market which includes, but not limited to: in-store and in-salon signage, flyers, newsletters, brochures and sell sheets.
- Ensure all projects are within the Global Brand guidelines.
- Manage and upload projects to vendors, customers and internal databases.
- Work collaboratively with the local Brand team to produce marketing campaigns.
- Associate’s Degree is required; Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of work related experience in the beauty industry; preferably in the professional salon business or related channel.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing and proof reading skills.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite CS6.
- Familiar with the basic principles of typography.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments from a variety of internal stakeholders.
- Detail oriented; you think nothing of making sure your work is perfect.
- Able to clearly articulate design decisions.
- Comfortable in a rapidly changing environment with competing priorities.
- Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision.
- Superior customer service ethic and high expectations for quality.
- Demonstrated ability to build a network with key decision makers.
- Leadership ability and a willingness to take responsibility and accountability.
- Effective verbal and interpersonal communication skills and strong negotiating abilities.
- Proven record of drive and initiative with outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Ability to operate in an aggressive, competitive environment, and to provide innovative approaches for desired results.
- Value integrity, personal responsibility and possess a goal oriented, entrepreneurial spirit.
- Passion for winning.
- Honesty, integrity, trustworthiness and dependability.
- Ability to use various methods to influence others; high self-awareness/ high social awareness.
- Orientation to action.
- Flexibility and ability to embrace change.
- Must be willing and able to travel.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to lift materials and products up to thirty pounds.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time.
Unilever offers a competitive compensation package which includes: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses, domestic partners & children; Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, Retirement & Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Please Note: As part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities.
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law .
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.
A little about us:
With more than 400 brands focused on health and wellbeing, no company touches so many people’s lives in so many different ways.