A Junior Software Engineer in the eCommerce organization you'll join a Scrum team building features and automated tests of those features. You'll work closely with other engineers and Product Managers to understand user stories and develop the features.
Key Job Functions
* Assist Product Managers in designing and defining new features
* Work with Architecture to craft technical designs and drive the evolution of our site architecture
* Write code that is of high quality and consistent with our coding standards
* Write automated tests of new features to ensure they are of very high quality
* Review the work of other engineers in a collegial fashion to ensure the work product is of high quality and consistent with our standards
* Lead Communities-of-Practice in those technologies in which you have an interest
* Participate in, and lead, continuous education programs to grow your skills both technically and in the Williams-Sonoma business domain
* Serve as a member of a Scrum team and participate in all planning, stand-up and retrospective meetings
* Lead by example and mentor more junior engineers through your professionalism and dedication to craftsmanship in the creation of software
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
* 8+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
* A thorough understanding of software development best practices
* Enthusiasm for constant improvement as a Software Engineer
* Ability to review and understand proposed designs and offer thoughtful feedback in a collegial fashion
* Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.