TEKsystems is seeking a Jr.-Mid level Linux Systems Administrator with a Secret Clearance in support of the Radar Test contract on Schriever AFB.
We are looking for someone with 2 years of hands on Red Hat Linux experience and a high aptitude that can grow into a more Sr. role. The program is currently using Red Hat 6 and 7 so standard administration skills will be utilized on a daily basis (installation, support, maintenance and patching). They support three different labs that MOS personnel use to build and test modeling and simulation software for our Nation's Ballistic Missile Defense system.
The Systems Administrator will work closely with the SMC IT Lead and Hardware Architect and be responsible for maintaining smooth operation of the Open Systems Architecture Sensor Models (OSM) and Open Systems Architecture Signal Injector (OSI) hardware infrastructure as well as the IT infrastructure that supports software development in a Red Hat Linux environment.Basic Qualifications
- High School Degree with 7 years of relevant experience, or equivalent.
- Need at least 2 years of recent work with the Linux Operating System.
- Must have current Security+ CE or better. Must have CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+ or equivalent experience.
- Experience with workstation and server BIOS and hardware configurations including firmware upgrades.
- Must be familiar with the installation, support, maintenance and patching of Linux based workstations, DNS, DHCP, IdM Server, RHEL 6 and 7, ntp, Network Manager, KDE, Gnome, kernel virtual machine, rpm build and maintenance.
- Must be proficient in a scripting language; python or bash preferred.
- Ability to work well with a team in a fast-paced, exciting environment.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
Implementation and usage of: C programming, Real-time Computing, Linux Clustering, Ansible, Chef or puppet, PKI Implementation and 2 FA on Linux platforms, Satellite Server 5 or 6 including bare metal provisioning Red Hat Enterprise openstackRDO GlusterFS Linux Kernel customization Application performance tuning.About TEKsystems:Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.