Site Reliability Engineer/ NOC
Are you an accomplished NOC Engineer or Junior SA looking to help build process and procedure from the ground up? If you possess the technical prowess required to join a best in class SRE team, please read on.
Our client's SRE/NOC team works in a LAMP stack environment and are responsible for supporting the external customers; accountable for 24x7 monitoring of systems and networks, troubleshooting incidents resulting from monitoring, and flawlessly escalating such incidents to ensure system reliability.
* Provide hands-on technical expertise during service impacting events.
* Troubleshoot and resolve complex problems
* Perform root cause analysis and deliver detailed documentation on significant incidents
* Lead event correlation activities from monitoring systems and other change notifications
* Coordinate system maintenance and changes, while minimizing customer impact and maximizing the productivity of company resources
* Prioritize incident response and escalate to senior resources when necessary.
* Facilitate communication with disparate organizations during significant incidents.
* Demonstrate technical leadership with incident handling and troubleshooting
* Assist with the implementation and development of SRE tools and applications
* Manage and support SRE tools and applications
* Provide oncall support to internal customers
* Mentor more junior SRE team members
* Minimum of 1-3 years of Linux support/ troubleshooting/ administration experience
- Entry level exposure to AWS
* Proven technical expertise in Linux operating systems at mid Sysadmin level
* Strong analytical / problem solving skills oriented around trouble resolution and root cause analysis
* A superior grasp of network and server troubleshooting, monitoring tools, and escalation processes
* Proven technical expertise of networking technologies
* Willingness to work long hours when necessary and provide 7x24 support as required
* Ability to support multiple concurrent projects and incidents
* Demonstrated ability to work independently and be an effective contributor in a diversified and geographically distributed team
* Experience with network and server diagnostic, monitoring tools
* Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.