Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
Jr. REIT Research Analyst (McLean, VA)
Capital One Securities is seeking an Analyst to join our growing Real Estate Equity Research team.
Analysts support the team by providing quantitative input for industry- and company-specific research, and assist in the preparation of financial models, written reports, and field research.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to work both within a team and on a self-directed basis, possess excellent analytical, written, and verbal communication skills, demonstrate a high level of attention to detail, and exhibit advanced computer skills using Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
Supports team by:
- Maintaining macro and industry data series and company specific financial models
- Drafting industry, sector and company reports and presentations for internal and external clients
- Monitoring multiple information sources on sector or company specific news items and trends
- Managing client requests
- Making outbound client calls on actionable investment ideas
- Attending industry and company sponsored conferences and field trips
- Conducting field research and property tours
- Maintaining contact lists
- Developing industry contacts and proprietary information sources
- Other duties as necessary
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree with strong GPA (3.5/4.0), demonstrable quantitative and objective writing skills, and a rigorous academic major such as Accounting, Finance, Real Estate, Math, Physics, Engineering (or similar program)
- Experience/education in corporate finance such as investments, equity research or investment banking viewed positively
- Experience/education in commercial real estate viewed positively
- CFA, MBA, or progress towards either viewed positively
FINRA Series 7, 63, 86, and 87 licenses viewed positively
- Excel modeling experience
- Bachelor’s degree or Military experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.