General Summary: The Junior Staff Accountant is responsible for the reconciliation of general ledger accounts as well as the analysis of patient accounts.
Duties include but not limited to:
• Reconciliation of the General Ledger Clearing Accounts of all facilities served
• Accurately state reconciling items and investigate proper accounting transactions to clear them off the account. Educate the SSC staff on the issues that are causing reconciling items to remain in the clearing accounts
• Prepare clear and accurate journal entries including proper documentation for support. Key entries into the General Ledger system accurately
• Prepare AP invoices to send to supply chain for processing; assist in the preparation of month end AP accruals
• Occasional batching and keying in of patient refunds into the Accounts Payable system
• Respond to requests for information from corporate, Internal Audit, Hospital Management and other internal management
• Ensure that privileged and/or proprietary information is adequately safeguarded against disclosure
• Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement"
• Other duties as assigned
At least one year of Accounting/Bookkeeping experience required. Patient Account analysis experience is a plus. Relevant education may substitute experience requirement
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom