Jr. Technical Writer
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.
Cummins is a team of dependable, innovative thinkers, who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community and environment. Our employees develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. This is a collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job. It is the job.
This is what we call Working Right.
Our Power Systems Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Minneapolis, MN for a Jr. Technical Writer. Cummins USA is where you can work on industry leading Communication Projects.
Thinking Beyond your desk includes:
• Develops high-quality service information on Cummins products and systems.
• Develop or maintain service information from product design documentation and information provided by subject matter experts in the engineering and service functions.
• Integrate relevant information into well written text instructions, functional descriptions, and operation and service procedures with illustrating graphics.
• Maintain the library of service information as products evolve, safety issues arise, experience is gained and feedback is provided on the installation, operation and servicing of the equipment.
• Assist with day-to-day service information problems and customer inquiries.
• Participate on new product introduction teams as required.
• Maintain and communicate status for all active projects.
• Lead improvement activities that reduce development cost, complexity and improve content quality.
• Generate improvement ideas and integrate new technology to develop solutions and improvements that align with customer expectations and business objectives.
• Write for re-use using XML authoring system.
• Write effectively with translations in mind.
• Develop and maintain up to date work procedures. Skills & Experience Required:
Service Publication Creation Process - Can create interim service documentation and assist others with the creation of service documentation. Knowledgeable and experienced with all service documentation, the creation of new procedures, outline structures, and manual updates. Capable of coordinating the flow of service publications for a Value Package Introduction launch.
Technical Writing - Performs technical writing at an advanced level. Is proficient in the application of technical writing in a wide range of work situations. Is able to train and coach others in the development of technical writing. Familiar with the trends in Technical Writing as a profession.
Value Package Introduction - Has significant experience in Value Package Introduction Process, which is the integrated, cross-functional workflow for the design, development, and introduction of new platforms and derivative products to the marketplace. Trains and/or mentors this skill.
Service Product Knowledge - General knowledge of product lines in one region. Some knowledge of at least one product line; familiar with product offering, component naming and function, and sub-systems. Some knowledge of at least one sub-system.
Manage Execution - Solid understanding of how to manage execution. Manages the performance of self and others through the use of structured tools. Delegates effectively and regularly with solid support and follow through. Uses defined processes to manage execution.
Communication - Written and Verbal - Is able to effectively and clearly communicate in both written and verbal means. Required Education, Licenses or Certifications:
Compensation and Benefits:
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline is required.
Base salary commensurate with experience and bonus. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify:
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity and start your career at Cummins today.
Not ready to apply, but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins .
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.