Exciting opportunity in Princeton! Our client, a large international company, is currently seeking an Junior Accountant to join their team on a direct placement basis. The incumbent will ensure proper processing of month-end/year-end closing and analysis of accounts payable in detail, timely and accurate manner.
What will you do:
- Create new Purchase Orders in QuickBooks based on approved Purchase requisition forms
- Validate existing Purchase Orders to ensure that Purchase Orders has enough to cover invoice
- Review all invoices for appropriate and proper documentation and approval prior to payment
- Process invoices in the general ledger and print check
- Obtain all signatures for checks and distribute checks accordingly
- Daily review of bank transactions, initiate and post ACHs, Wire Transfers and Withdrawals
- Respond to all vendor inquiries, research and correct discrepancies
- Reconcile AP Aging Report to respective General Ledger Account
- Reconcile Intercompany AP with respective Affiliate balances
- Assist in reconciling of corporate credit card
- Assist in month end closing
- Perform other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time
Who are we looking for:
- BA/BS degree in Accounting/Finance/Business required
- Minimum 2 - 3 years of Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable/General Ledger experience, preferably in a multi-national consumer goods organization
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office products; mid to advance level Excel proficiency
- QuickBooks experience preferred
- SAP experience a plus
What characteristics and/or traits are we seeking:
- Fluency in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must work well in an fast-paced environment with dynamic requirements and priorities
- Strong Accounting knowledge with a clear understanding of Accounts Payable
- Ability to work in multicultural environment
- Committed to managing problems through resolution
- Exceptional time management skills
Hours are M-F 8:00am-5:00pm.
Salary is $40-$45k, + a competitive benefits package.
Please call 732-530-3500 ASAP for more info!
A little about us:
We partner with people to improve skills, teams and lives every day, and we help them achieve more than they ever thought possible.