Junior, Commercial Security Account Executive (NYC, NY)
Company: Johnson Controls
Location: New York, United States
Posted: October 20, 2017
Reference ID: WD30039081291
What you will do
The Junior Commercial Account Executive is responsible for promoting and selling Tyco Integrated Security services and technology. This includes building relationships, closing new business for Tyco Integrated Security and ensuring customer retention. This person is the Tyco Integrated Security "brand steward", charged with telling the Tyco Integrated Security story and clearly demonstrating that Tyco Integrated Security is the leading electronic security provider. The position is responsible for securing profitable sales and upgrades to new Tyco Integrated Security Commercial customers while maximizing customer satisfaction and retention by initiating post installation follow-ups. This rep will also have a commanding knowledge of our product line, as well as that of our services.
How you will do it
• Adhere to current Tyco Integrated Security policies, procedures, products, programs and services.
• Create new market share by selling Tyco Integrated Security products and services to new local commercial customers.
• Generate an average of 6 proposals per week totaling $15,000.00 in NSP at a minimum.
• Identify prospects utilizing creative lead-generating techniques and maintain productive working relationships with existing customers.
• Independently establish call plans and customer follow-up strategies and tactics, and consistently apply time and territory management techniques.
• Follow up with prospects.
• Maintain an in-depth knowledge of complete line of products/services and customers' issues and needs through in-house training and reading/research.
• Obtain referrals and work with Centers of Influence.
• Process work order and complete all paperwork in accordance with approved and standardized procedures.
• Conduct post installation follow-up by contacting customer, ensuring commitments were met and affirming customer satisfaction once the customer has been in service. What we look for
• College degree preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years' experience as a successful commercial sales representative in the security, IT or other technology sales industry, demonstrated by the consistent ability to meet and exceed quota.
• Excellent oral, written and presentation skills with the ability to present to senior level executives within the customer and Johnson Controls Security organizations
• Action Oriented
• Drive for Results
• Business Acumen
• Customer Focus
• Functional/Technical Skills
• Builds Effective Teams
• Interpersonal Savvy
• Organizational Agility
• Conflict Management
• Managing Diversity
• Peer Relationships
• Problem Solving
• Technical Learning
• Time Management
• Developing Direct Reports & Others
• High school degree or equivalent required.
• Ability to work a full-time schedule
• Available for local travel
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.