- Position may be located in Boca Raton, FL, Milwaukee, WI or Boca Raton, FL
- Under the general direction of the Supply Management Leader for Direct Materials and the mentoring from Senior Category Managers this talented individual will be accountable for
- Contracting & sourcing of Plastic based commodities.
- Drive project activity through the communication of expectations, enforcement of deadlines, and creation and evaluation of deliverables.
- Demonstrate the ability to put a structured sourcing process into action through formal and informal negotiations, and leverage the process to resolve conflicts and build consensus.
- Understand Assigned Category spends across the business, analyze category markets and translate into actionable strategies and forward-looking analysis.
- Develops category expertise, maintains market intelligence and stays abreast of the changing supply base and new technologies.
- Direct the strategic sourcing process and act as the central point of contact to improve supplier cost/price & performance on assigned spend/commodity
- Work closely with product management teams to understand technology requirements across the commodity and various business units
- Interface directly with Finance and the Sourcing Analyst to document real savings that can be communicated throughout the organization
- Develop and maintain supplier performance metrics and manage the feedback process
- Evaluate commodity outsource opportunities to drive leverage of spend responsibility
- Collaborates with key stakeholders upstream and downstream to ensure engagement, buy-in and ownership of key sourcing strategies.
- Coordinate with corporate functions to drive excellent sourcing processes in all areas of spend
- Work with the Continuous Improvement organization to drive initiatives at key suppliers which will result in quantifiable savingsEstablish end-to-end process with ownership and commitment to procurement strategies throughout planning and execution
- Utilization of consistent methodologies to pursue deliverables that are aligned with strategic objectives and policies
- Minimum 2 year buyer or planning role of mechanical components and or resin and molded parts
- Requires familiarity with material procurement in a lean manufacturing environment including Kanban pull inventory systems, material flow, leveraging volume spend, inventory turns, visual
- management, and continuous improvement tools. .
- Must be excellent with numbers and proficient in basic math.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs; personal computing tools including word processing, spreadsheets and order processing applications.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, analytical & statistical skills.
- Work effectively with frequent interruptions and resolve conflicts timely and professionally.
- Must be able to set and attain goals and initiate action to resolve problems and continuously improve products, processes, and services.
- Self-starter and ability to work independently.
- Must be capable of managing project timelines and securing results
- Ability to map supply chains and overcome obstacles, both internal and external, by presenting facts to support projects' value to the business. Work with internal stakeholders to overcome objections
- Strong background in building strategic relationships with suppliers and internal customers or stakeholders
- Team player with excellent inter-personal and communication skill
- Preferred Experience driving direct material sourcing savings globally
- Leading and facilitating meetings, conferences, and collaboration events
- Business Capability and Metrics Achievement -- achieve business scope and metrics for delivered solutions (examples: cycle time reduction, productivity improvement, quality improvement, VAVE)
- Solution Delivery - achieve budget, schedule, and quality objectives for delivered solutions
- Stakeholder Satisfaction - achieve high stakeholder satisfaction score (via survey)
- Spend Leverage - attain high leverage of supplier spend, contracts, e-auctions & continually simplify Sourcing landscape
- Supplier on boarding and Supplier Monitoring
- Continuity of Supply and Supply Risk Mitigation
- Top line growth and cost out activities
- Influence a cross-functional team of experts experienced in critical business processes and enabling technologies to deliver solutions that create business value. Includes designing business processes, policies, organization, data, and systems technology through program management and solution lifecycle methodologies. Transparently works across business and Supply Management communities to build focused teams with the right skills and leadership.
- Position reports to a Supply Management Leader, Direct Materials, Global Strategic Sourcing organization, with mentoring from Senior Commodity managers and has a high-level of leadership visibility to manage activities with business stakeholders, customers, and suppliers.
- Position requires interaction with customers (BU) and suppliers to advance business operations effectiveness, synchronize efforts, streamline processes, and propagate best practices.
- Position requires executive cross functional leadership and relationship-building, scoping and influencing across business units and enterprise. Transparently (in a highly matrixed environment) connects business teams,(CM, SQE, NPD, Procurement, Tooling, Engineering), customers, and suppliers for business value focus. Role model of Tyco's key values: integrity, teamwork, excellence, and accountability.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Operations Management or other related field.
- 5+ years of Supply Chain/Procurement Sourcing with 2+ years plastics preferred
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing sourcing strategies that have yielded measurable business results.
- Experience leading multicultural virtual teams in a global and complex environment .
- Demonstrated application of Six-Sigma/Lean methodologies to yield tangible business results, preferred
- Proven formulation of Sourcing business strategies that achieved quantified business results. Training in JIT, Lean Supply Chain tools, and Inventory Management, APICS/NAPM certification, preferred
- Position may require travel up to 25% of the time.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.