McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Specialty Health, our products and services span the full continuum of specialty patient care. From the initial phases of a product life cycle and the distribution of specialty drugs, to fully integrated healthcare technology systems, practice management support, and ultimately to patient care in the communities where they live, we empower the community patient care delivery system by helping community practices advance the science, technology and quality of care.
We have a vision —that the long-term vibrancy of community care will be achieved through the leadership of physicians committed to clinical excellence and innovation, enabled by close collaboration with our organization and our deep clinical, operational and technological expertise.Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Specialty Health you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
This position works closely with sales department and the collectors to prepare new and existing customer credit write-ups for smaller to intermediate credit facilities with more complex analysis required. This position will work closely with peer underwriting team members to gain knowledge of larger more complex transactions and negotiations. The main goal is to determine credit worthiness while complying with company credit policies in order to provide credit limit and term recommendations as well as proactive suggestions on customers’ financial conditions in a brief and concise format under direct supervision from the Credit Manager.
1. Prepares detailed credit analysis reports including recommended credit limits typically less than $250K dollars in a format prescribed by management. Formal summary analyzes the customer’s current and forecasted financial stability and risk and interprets the information provided into a meaningful summary. Provides solid recommendations based on facts to Credit Management for review.
2. Researches and gathers financial information on customers from all sources available including the sales force, previous payment history, customer supplied data, agency ratings, bank references, internet, and trade references. Works closely with sales force to gather all appropriate information.
3. Works closely with account set-up staff and sales rep with respect to initial determination of credit limit and terms in order to more efficiently service the needs of existing and new or potential customers. Assists in determining credit limit necessary to fully enable optimum buying while minimizing risk. Also assesses credit worthiness on case by case basis for emergency orders, buy-ins and unusually large orders, etc.
4. Follows for open credit conditions and ensures UCC filings are maintained to minimize credit risk in the assigned portfolio.
5. Performs other duties and projects as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or accounting or equivalent work experience preferred
• 2-3 years experience in commercial and personal credit analysis - preferably in a small business-banking environment.
• Working knowledge of secured lending transactions
• Professional writing skills, attention to detail, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated expertise in preparing written credit analyses
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office - emphasis in Excel spreadsheet design
• Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities and meet established deadlines in a fast-paced environment with minimum supervision.
• Ability to communicate well with many groups (customers, banks, sales dept, other finance employees, etc.)