GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
At GE Global Research, we're redefining what's possible. From cutting-edge research in molecular pathology for use in personalized cancer diagnostics to programs in coal gasification and renewable power that drive clean energy solutions, our work at Global Research is world-renowned. As part of our team, you'll find yourself among nearly 3,000 scientists and engineers from every discipline in a dynamic atmosphere where you'll be constantly challenged to learn and grow. You'll have access to leaders on all levels of the organization and collaborate across the globe with the very best in the field. If you have an insatiable intellectual curiosity and the ability to articulate your vision, then join us and watch the work you do create the next generation of products and processes that will impact the globe for generations to come.
At GE Global Research we redefine what's possible, finding answers to some of the world's toughest problems. Find out more athttp://www.ge.com/researchorhttp://twitter.com/geresearchjobs, and connect with our technologists athttp://twitter.com/GEresearch
There is always an exciting new challenge on the horizon at GE Global Research because "what we imagine, we can make happen."
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The labs of GE Global Research in Niskayuna, NY develop the next generation of some of the most important products to global infrastructure. Examples include a majority of commercial jet engines, multiple types of power turbines and locomotives. This only describes a fraction of GE's portfolio but without even these items for one day commerce would screech to a halt.
The Junior Developer will be responsible for the development of interfaces between hardware and software systems. This is a new position on the Americas Software Team and the ideal candidate will be excited to work with both the research labs and the other IT teams to design and develop new methods to send data from lab hardware to databases, or from one system to another. Coding connections across Global Research systems will increase the productivity of the company by reducing the amount of time focused on manual data transfers so that more time can be allocated to focus on research and development.
The Junior Developer will:
* Write code with appropriate notation for a development environment
* Document requirements
* Design, develop, test, deploy and support interfaces between various internal hardware and software
* Communicate with lab employees and system users
* Work with vendors
* Adhere to software development life cycle framework
* Ensure that changes are validated, tracked and released in controlled manner
* Collaborate with various teams including those in research and IT
* Work independently and deliver high quality technical solutions
* Participate in project design reviews
* Bachelor's Degree in computer science, information systems or a related field of study
* Minimum two years coding experience with python, C++, C#, Ruby, RTOS or Java in a commercial or academic setting
* Demonstrated ability to translate technical requirements into an operational program
* Understanding of a wide variety of principles, theories and concepts in programming
* Good oral and written communications skills with experience in delivering/presenting to internal customers and stakeholders
* Understanding of database structures and concepts
* Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY
* You must submit your application for employment on the careers page at www.ge.com/careers to be considered
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Experience with research and development
* Related experience with fielded systems and mission/system operations along with system sustainment for high system availability requirements a plus
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.